Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Feeling Fresh......

I don't know what it is, but today I feel so refreshed. For the first time in a long time I'm not feeling sluggish.....Yeah, for me!

They started our new floors yesterday and OMG...they are amazing! They worked from 9am until 7pm last night and only got the kitchen and laundry room done. They are coming back today to finish the bathrooms. So looks like I have another surprise to look forward to again tonight. The only regret I have about the new floors is that they look so nice that it makes everything else look so "bad". Our cupboards, the countertops and the walls definitely need some upgrading in order to match the quality of the floors. In due time though........I just can't get myself started on another big project right now.
(I will post pics of the new floors once they are finished)

I'm thinking about taking tomorrow off so I can be home when they install the stair lift for Don. I really don't want to miss this. It's a big milestone for us to have him be able to access the basement and I want to be a part of it. I want to be there when he sees it in "real life" and not just by me taking the camcorder down there. We'll see if I can swing this.....worst case scenario I will have to work from home by logging in to my computer at work, but that's okay...at least I will be present for Don's big day. I'm so excited for him!!

Last night my mom came over and helped me get the family room in the basement put in order. Once I can get some wall decor put up I think it's going to make a huge difference. Now, if we could only get some heat down there so we could enjoy the space it would be perfect....but who wants to live in a perfect world anyway! LOL

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: