As we started looking at the list we realized that item #2 couldn't get done until Item #3 was complete. And Item #3 could not get done until item #4 was complete. And on and on it went....we finally realized that there was definitely going to have to be an "order" in which these items were completed. And the order that we came up with is not one to make me happy. The first item on our list is the most expensive and I really, really hate big purchases.
Here is the list of things I would like to have done by the end of the year(assuming our finances allow it)
- Have central air installed along with a separate furnace for our basement
- Build a deck in our backyard
- Install sliding glass doors in our dining room to access said deck
- Install privacy fence on the one side of our backyard that does not already have it
- Replace all the screens in our windows (they are all broke and/or missing)
- Replace all the old mulch with new
- Paint the laundry room
- Paint the master bedroom
- Paint one of the spare bedrooms
- Install a new front door
- New counter tops in kitchen
If only I could win one of those HGTV makeovers.....