Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wedding Cake...No More!

As most of you know......I don't want the traditional "Wedding Cake" so I'm always looking for alternative ideas!

Thank you Martha Stewart for these scrumptious alternatives..........

Crepe Cake
This tall, tiered treat may look weighty at first, but in fact it's layered with whisper-thin crepes. Lady M's mille cake (the company will ship anywhere in the United States, frozen) can be layered with mouthwatering fillings including chestnut, espresso, chocolate, and good old vanilla -- the hardest part will be narrowing it down to just one.


Angel Food Cakes
Little in the pastry world is more charming than a perfectly constructed individual dessert, especially when it's drenched in icing and topped with a spun-sugar crown. These mini angel food cakes are glazed with lemon and topped with spun sugar, which is a cinch to make at home (if you have enough space).



2 comments:

RealRach said...

i would puke if you put that bottom one in front of me...it reminds me too much of hair on top of it and you know how I feel about loose hair...gag..

Marianna said...

angel food cakes are light and yummy but I definitely agree with Rachel... minus the spun sugar-like hairy substance...

Crepes are one of my favorites...as you know. The wedding crepe cake is without saying....very nontraditional but I'm sure delicious. You could add raspberries/fruit for decorating, fill it with a light chocolate cream or something with color. What if you frosted the sides with a different cream, which would keep the insides a surprise. I love the idea....good luck.