Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In a Rut

I've been in a rut the past couple weeks (and maybe longer).  I'm just not HAPPY and feel like I very rarely smile anymore.   

I am missing my family and feeling very distant from my girl friends, which leaves me feeling very lonely. 

I've been at the same job for 9 years and it is starting to feel like the same thing EVERY day.  I am growing tired of my co-workers and I haven't had a raise in years (even though my job duties have grown immensely).  I'm just plain sick and tired of this environment.

I'm overweight (again) and can't seem to get it under control.  I have no clothes that fit me and tend to survive most evenings and weekends in sweatpants.  And nobody, I mean nobody, feels good about their appearance when they are in sweatpants.

I've got so many projects at home that need done, but I can't find the energy to pull myself off the couch on most days.  I do my general house cleaning on Saturday mornings and the rest of the weekend is spent doing nothing productive.

I feel so bad for my dear husband.  He tries his best, but it's hard.  How do you make someone happy when they don't really want to be?  I mean, it's not that I don't want to be happy, but I just don't know what needs to be done to get me there.

I'm hoping this is just a phase!  Maybe when the weather gets nicer I will snap out of it.

3 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Are you close enough to family and friends to visit? Maybe you just need a good weekend with them to help snap you out of your rut.

I'm pretty pissed at my overweight-ness too but I know that it is because I am not moving enough and not eating fantastically. At some point it will have to stop.

elisa said...

I'm sorry you feel down. I can relate. I felt like I was that the whole year before we moved. I had no idea why. Just not happy.

I have gone up and down with all of my adult life- I know we as women are controlled by our hormones but my last funk lasted a pretty long time.

Honestly maybe it is time to shake things up a bit.

When this moved popped up for us I honestly was scared to death but on the flip side didn't want to stay stuck and be afraid to take a chance on something new. You only live once.

Hope you feel better, I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.