Monday, April 2, 2012

One Year

This Wednesday, April 4, will be the one year anniversary of my brother passing away.  One year......I just can't believe that I have only carried this pain in my heart for one year! 

I remember the day so vividly.  Every single detail starting with the first phone call I received.  There are times when my eyes are closed, that I can actually smell the scent of the hospital chapel. 

I cannot forget the look in my parents eyes and the all encompassing need to hug them and not let go.  Feeling the weight of my youngest brother as he nearly collapses in my arms, shaking with tears.  Yearning to be near my older sister to feel her strength.

One year....

My heart still feels the pain, but my soul is rebuilding.

Christopher L. Shaw
May 21, 1977 - April 4, 2011


No comments: