Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Heart Darius

So last night my good friend Kerri took me to see Darius Rucker......I think I love him! He moves like nobody I've ever seen before. His hips, his feet...it's mesmerizing! Not to mention his voice....it is so smooth and soulful.


Here are some pics from the concert. In addition to playing his new songs off his debut album, he also sang 3-4 Hootie & The Blowfish songs, along with one of my favorites by Jayme Johnson, In Color and even a Prince song. What a talented musician!

After the first encore everyone started clearing out when all of a sudden he came back on stage for another song! Kerri and I quickly made our way to the front of the stage and were able to get front row....it was awesome, but hard to take pictures with all those people around you.

After his 2nd encore Darius signed his baseball cap and threw it out into the audience. Look at that bald head....Yummy! At one point he came over to where we were standing by the stage and Kerri held out her cowboy hat for him to sign, but no luck....bummer!

We had a great time and I'm still dreaming today about that soulful voice of his!!

2 comments:

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

It sounds like you had an amazing time. Consider me just the teeniest bit jealours! :-)

RealRach said...

Dude...you have to get me original size photos to scrap!