Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Remember 2010

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a neat idea!

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes.  Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010

I want to remember my trip to Panama City Beach, Florida with one of my good friends.  We were chaperone's for her step-daughter and a friend for Spring Break.  It might have been the first time I was truly willing to admit that I "am getting older".  But the time I spent with my girlfriend was unforgettable.

I want to remember the excitement I felt when one of my lifelong best friends told me she and her husband were finally pregnant after 4 long years of infertility issues.

I want to remember how proud I was of my oldest nephew when he was chosen to participate in the Youth National Leadership Conference in Washington, DC. The joy of knowing he is going to grow up to "be somebody and make a difference" is unbearable.  My cheeks hurt from smiling just thinking about it.

I want to remember my bridal shower, bachelorette party and most of all my wedding day.  These events were truly magical.  The laughing hysterically and being surrounded by the people I love most in the world...oh, what a feeling.

I want to remember the hard work and dedication that my sister has put into her weight loss journey.  The smile on her face and excitement in her voice when she hits a new milestone is unforgettable.

I want to remember being alone and crying after enduring the worst thing that has ever happened to me.  And knowing that I can come back out on top.

I want to remember the phone call I received from my step-daughter asking if she could be a part of our lives again (she did not speak to her dad for over 3 years).  Watching my husbands face light up as I told him about this phone call was priceless.

I want to remember watching my hometown high school football team win the State Championship. 

I want to remember Thanksgiving spent at my sisters house and how a last minute change in plans ended up being a memory of a lifetime.

I want to remember time spent with my girlfriends and family dinners on the weekends.  I want to remember the love I have for my husband, family and friends.  I want to remember the joy, the sorrow, the laughter and the tears of 2010.

No comments: