Tuesday, July 7, 2009

People Irritate Me.........

Okay, so it's not like planning a wedding is easy.....or cheap!! In our case we are spending $30-$40 per person for dinner alone. It is for this exact reason that we keep narrowing down our guest list, which is not an easy task. There are people we would love to invite, but just don't have the funds to make it work, but we know they will understand.

So, I get a message on my Facebook from a woman who is the mother of a classmate of mine and they also used to live down the street from me while we were growing up. I haven't spoken to this woman or her daughter (my classmate) in over 15 years and she has the audacity to send me a message telling me that she is counting on an invite for the wedding and she'll just be crushed if her (and her family) are not invited.........seriously, is it just me or is that totally inappropriate for someone to do???

To be honest......there are about 300 other people who would be invited before her!! I'm just so irritated! Urrrrgggghhhhhhhhh...................

6 comments:

RealRach said...

Bwahahaha I know, I saw it! I'll give up my spot for her! NOT!

oh...and Josh agreed to take the pictures while I'm 'upfront' with you during the ceremony! So that's done! I'll take care of the rest and he will fill in when I can't do it! All is good!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

WHAT?????!??? TOTALLY inappropriate!!!

Definitely DO NOT invite her and just send a note back that you are having a very small wedding and can't afford to have everyone that you want at the wedding.

Man people are ridonkulous.

RealRach said...

ok brain storm just hit me...Why don't we do TWO receptions?? Do the one for your WEDDING DAY. Keep it super simple and then have a PAR-TAY later?! Just a thought? We could do it at Grandma's or my house? I'll see about renting a tent and we can just grill out and do a potluck thing? For the extended family and the kids,etc??

Abbie said...

This does not surprise me at all. There are people like this in the world, and I just don't get it! I would tell her, "We are flattered that you'd like to join us! We wish we could invite everyone, but unfortunately, it's just not a reality for us. We're having an intimate reception with just a few close friends and family. Thanks for your well wishes!" That's basically how I staved off the crazies. We still had people add-on additional people to their RSVP, though!

Chris said...

Rach has a very good idea Amy you could have sloppy joes or something simple and everyone would be happy. All I have to say is that women has a lot nerve saying that and I would not invite her to the wedding. Good job Rach

alissa said...

NOT cool - dont let people like this get to you and do not think you need to invite them.
easy math - so lets say theres four members in the family x $40/person. thats $160. would you rather have 160 or an awkward run-in that they will get over?

thanks for visiting my blog:) im enjoying yours!