Here's a recap of the past month....
- I still have my rash! This Wednesday will be 16 weeks and I still don't have any answers. I'm still seeing the specialist and they are still running tests, but at this time there is no prognosis. I am on multiple medications to handle the itching and doing light therapy twice a week, but I wish they could diagnose me with something so that we could take care of this once and for all. And more importantly, so we could figure out what is causing it.
- Lainey has started physical therapy so we drive 1-1/2 hours twice a week for her appointments. Tomorrow will be her 8th session so we are halfway done.
They do laser therapy, muscle building and strength exercises, and water treadmill.
She has made huge improvements and I am so thankful for the doctors we are seeing.
Here is the water treadmill....she is waiting for the tank to fill up.
- We began to notice that Lainey was only limping and/or not using her bad leg while at home, but if we were out in public she would walk fine. She would be completely fine at my parents house, my sisters house, and a friends home, but would act all funny at home. We were advised by Lainey's physical therapist that it was most likely due to our hardwood floors at home. She wasn't feeling confident enough with her leg and was too worried about slipping and sliding on the floors. We just put them in 2 years ago, so there was no way that we were going to get rid of them (or cover them with a bunch of rugs). So, our only choice was to buy huge pieces of remnant. I hate how it looks, but she is a whole different dog since putting these down.
- It's officially college football season!!! Yay!! My husband and my dad got an early Christmas present....Go Blue!!!
- What little free time I've had has been spent doing a couple projects at home. My stepson's bedroom had never been touched and was the last room in the whole house that was still that beige color that was on every wall when we moved in. He is 17 and very rarely at our house anymore so I wanted to make it more "grown-up" so we could use it as a spare bedroom. I love the way it turned out and even happier because he loves it to. I ordered some wall décor that should arrive this week and then the room will be complete.
|BEFORE ~ This is a picture from the day we moved in|
|AFTER ~ No more beige :)|
We used the same grey from the Living Room/Dining Room and accented with Dark Blue
(we have also added curtains since this picture was taken)
I also decided to try a little DIY project and make my own curtains. I've been looking for low cost ideas to change up our living space and when I started pricing new curtains I about lost my mind. I even tried to find some on Etsy and still couldn't justify the prices. Since I can't sew, I did a little search on google and Pinterest to find a "no-sew" method. After watching a few videos and reading a couple blog posts, I decided to give it a whirl.
I went to JoAnn Fabrics and picked out these fabrics (great for our fall décor). I also picked up some twin white sheets from Walmart to use as the lining. Four curtain panels for just over $50...Can't beat it!
|Chevron for the Living Room and the Polka Dots for the Dining Room|
- And to end this....here are some adorable pics of Lainey in her new Doggles. She insists on having her head out the car window for the ENTIRE drive to physical rehab and I was so worried about debris getting in her eyes. Hopefully, she will get used to wearing these and then mama won't have to worry and stress so much.
Sorry for my absence...let's hope another month doesn't go by before I stop by here. At the least, I can promise that things in my life should slow down about November and I hope to be back here more regularly.