So today....you are getting bullet points. It's all I've got the brain capacity for.
- Lainey landed herself at the emergency vet on Saturday evening. The incision from her most recent surgery was very infected and needed treatment ASAP. The specialist office who is handling her surgeries is over 2 hours away, so we opted for a 45 min drive to the nearest emergency vet instead. She is doing much better now and will go on Monday to the specialist for a check-up and to hopefully have her sutures removed.
- Due to the above....Lainey is going crazy! She has been on bed rest since May 1st and the amount of pent up energy she has is driving us all a little nuts. We try to stimulate her mentally, but it seems to only work for a short period of time. It is killing her to not be able to take walks or run zoomies around the yard.
- My birthday is Saturday and I will be spending the day with family celebrating my nephew turning 4. I don't feel like celebrating my birthday this year as I realized yesterday how fast I am approaching the big 4-0! It's hard for me to imagine that I will be 37 in a few days, because in my mind I was in my mid-late 20's only yesterday.
- The mosquitos are HORRIBLE this year. The other night I tried to apply some weed killer in the backyard and was eaten alive. Last night I tried to mow the lawn and had to cover my entire body. It was almost 80 degrees out and I was wearing long pants and a hooded sweatshirt tied tight around my chin. It is absolutely ridiculous!
- My step-daughter graduates highschool this year and we are hosting our own graduation party for her at our house (there is some bad blood between her mother and my husband so separate parties were a must). I'm so worried about the mosquito issue since we plan to have everyone outdoors. Any advice would be much appreciated.
- I have 3 girlfriends who are (were) pregnant and 2 of them recently had their babies. I'm dying to meet these adorable babes, but unfortunately, they both live about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from me. Hopefully, in the next couple weeks I will be able to make a trip down for the day and love on these little ones.
That's all I have time for.....Happy Thursday!