Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dasher....You silly boy!

The weather here in West Michigan finally decided to behave on Sunday.  It snowed on Saturday, but by Sunday is was almost 60 degrees.

This allowed me to open up the windows and get some fresh air into the house.  It's amazing how such a little thing brings so much joy to my life :)

Unfortunately, we quickly figured out that Dasher wants to enjoy the nice weather as much as we do.  We adopted him in December and he spent 2 years at the shelter prior to that, so we have been anticipating how he would act once the weather got nice.

He is becoming pretty tricky at trying to find ways to escape through the door when you are trying to leave.  It's now become a circus act trying to open the door, stick your foot out, wave your hands in some crazy motion to scare him and then quickly turning and jumping out the door while pulling it shut at warp speed.

So, on Sunday, when I opened up the windows....this is where I found him



At first I was mad because he had put a bunch of holes in the screen (welcome to our home mosquito's), but then I just laughed.  He is such a silly cat!

I think the next nice day we have, I am going to put one of the cat harnesses on him and take him outside to explore.  That's the least he deserves to make up for the years in the shelter.

3 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

LOL that picture is hilarious!!

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

That is too funny. He seem like such a character. Never a dull moment, eh?

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

Lol! That is just too funny.