Friday, June 1, 2012

Salon Effects

I'm always amazed at all the fancy nail art pictures on Pinterest.  I can oooh and ahhhh over them all I want, but I don't have the patience or creativity to do it on my own.

And then I came across Sally Hansen Salon Effects while shopping in Target.


Each kit contains 16 nail polish strips, cuticle stick and mini file/buffer.

I am currently wearing 310 Wild Child




Application instructions are included with each package and are very easy to understand. You select the correct size strip for each nail, peel off the protective film, detach the polish strip from the backing, press on to the nail and file off the excess. What’s great about these strips is that each end has a different shape, one rounded the other squared, so you can find a good fit for your cuticle line.

Application tips:
  • Warm the strips with your hands to make them more pliable.
  • Bend the strip over your free edge and use the file to remove the excess rather than tearing it off. Tearing can result in an uneven edge.
  • Between sizes? Size up and use the enclosed cuticle stick to remove the excess off your skin.
I definitely need some practice applying them, but I look forward to using them again in the future. I just can't decide what style to choose next

No comments: