Friday, June 8, 2012

Pinned it....So I did it


I am absolutely horrible at hard-boiled eggs!  Any time I want them I have to have my mom make them for me.  Well, I had pinned this on Pinterest a while back, but had forgotten about it.  That is until the other night when I was craving an egg salad sandwich.

This was honestly SO EASY! 

1.  Preheat oven to 350 (some sites say 325, but I went with 350)

2. Place eggs in a muffin pan (mini muffin pan would have been better so the eggs didn't move around as much, but I don't have one so I made do with what I had)

3.  Bake for 25-30 minutes (I chose 30 min)

4.  Remove from oven and place in a bowl of ice water for 10-15 minutes to cool

5.  Peel and eat





You will notice some brown spots on the eggs when they came out of the oven, but they peeled right off and didn't make any difference.
Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water
Perfection!!

The BEST part of all of this (besides the yummy eggs) was that they were SO EASY to peel.  I simply cracked the ends....rolled them around a little to further crack the shell....and then started to peel.  The shell basically just fell right off leaving behind a perfectly smooth outer layer.


No comments: