Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm Hoping it's just a Phase

I'm grumpy....and have been for a few weeks!  I'm hoping it's just a phase.  I initially thought it had something to do with hormones and "that time of month", but as the feelings linger, I'm beginning to think it is more than that.

I tell myself every morning when I wake up, that today is going to be a good day.  And within minutes, something triggers and I am one big bundle of stress with very little patience for anyone or anything.  I'm hoping it's just a phase.

I know it has a lot to do with me having a lot on my plate, but my life has always been hectic and busy with me going in a million different directions. Why is it any different now?  I guess I'm getting older, and the little moments that I am missing out on mean so much more to me.  I want time to relax with my husband.  There are days when we barely see each other.  Just long enough to ask how our day was and then off to bed.  I want time for ME.  To curl up on the couch with a good book or a movie.  I want time to play with our pets.  To sit on the floor with a toy and enjoy the happiness it brings to our cats & dogs.  I want time to cook dinner and bake cookies on the weekends.  I WANT MORE TIME!

I'm hoping it's just a phase and once I get used to the time change and it being dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home from work things will change.

I'm hoping it's just a phase and once the holidays get closer I will enjoy the time spent with family.

I'm hoping it's just a phase and I will snap out of it soon, because if I don't, I have a feeling my husband is going to strangle me!

No comments: