One minute I feel like I'm right on track and the next minute I'm fighting severe anxiety knowing that I'm knee deep in shit (pardon my language). I'm in the final stages of the wedding planning process and I can honestly say that this stage IS NOT MY FAVORITE!
A few months back I had that revelation that I think all brides eventually have, where you start to "scale back" and only concentrate on the things that actually matter. But, I still feel like there is so much stuff (and truly I think of it as "stuff") that I'm so worried about.
Whenever I start to question myself I step back, take a deep breath and try to find the "sane" bride that I know is hiding somewhere deep inside.
- What if no one likes the music I picked for the DJ to play? To be honest, my fiance and I like the music and I know my friends like the music so even if we are the only ones on the dance floor it will still be a blast
- What if my dress doesn't fit after alterations? I've lost 30 lbs in the past year, I think if I need to lose 3-5 lbs the last 1.5 months before the wedding I will be fine. I've got the resources and knowledge to do this so calm the F down already
- Are we giving our guests enough choices in the booze department? People like free booze and after enough time passes they will be too loaded to even care
- Are guests going to be upset that there are no chairs for the ceremony? Young people can stand and the older guests get a chair with the family. If you don't like it, plop your butt down on the ground
- What if any of our relatives/guests start "acting up"? We are going to ignore them or ask them to leave
- What if the guests don't like our casual buffet? We are serving food that fiance and I both like and it tastes amazing. Everyone else can swing through McDonald's when they leave.
These are only a few of the items that I battle everyday. In the end, the "sane" bride always pulls through and makes sense of it all, but it's those few moments when I feel like the earth is slowly giving away under my feet that I could do without.
Did any of you "graduate" brides go through this the last few months before the wedding or am I really going insane?