Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

Oh, how well I remember the days when I would come home from work, kick off my shoes, jump into the nearest pair of yoga paints and hang out on the couch all night.

The past few weeks have been so incredibly crazy. Between working on wedding stuff every weekend (all weekend), dealing with the death (suicide) of my close friends' son, starting a huge home improvement project and work being totally insane with our ISO Audit only a few weeks away.....I barely even know what day it is anymore!

It is so unlike me to have a messy (unorganized) home, and I took a look around this morning and almost had a meltdown. I've got piles of laundry (which I sorted on Saturday and haven't done anything with), dust on every item I can see, our carpets are full of cat/dog hair and do I even need to get into the shape of our bathrooms. Those toilets could definitely use some scrubbing.

I've always been a little compulsive about my cleaning and I obsess over anything being "out of sorts", but for some reason, today I'm just too tired to think about it. Hopefully by the weekend we will be done painting and will be able to get the house back in order and then the cleaning spree will start.

I hate to say this, but life in the fast lane isn't all it's cracked up to be. How I yearn for the days spent on the couch in my yoga pants!!

1 comment:

Kate_Edwards said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have OCD when it comes to cleaning and our house is a mess. It's so hard to not let it get you down - Hang in there!