Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Addition

We have a new addition to the family.....Her name is Lainey!  Today she is 7 weeks old.





By brother has a pit bull that my parents have been taking care of for about a year and a half.  During this time, my husband and I have fallen in love with my brothers dog and we knew that if we ever got a puppy, it would be a pit bull.  I know that they have a bad reputation, but I truly believe it is all in the way they are raised.  We have witnessed the gentle soul of my brothers dog and after only one day we are head over heels in love with ours.

1 comment:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Oh my goodness she is ADORABLE!!!

Just like with any puppy, make sure to SOCIALIZE her to death. LOTS of strangers (if she is scared of them/barks at them bring food that they can feed her with an open palm so that she equates strangers with happy thoughts) and LOTS of other dogs. Do you have a dog park around you? A puppy class that you can take her to? That would be helpful too.

How was the first night? Was she crying a lot?