Monday, January 4, 2010

I Feel Like a Bride....Finally!

I didn't admit this to many people, but after my wedding dress came in I HATED IT.....I tried it on the day I picked it up and started crying right there in David's Bridal. All the associates thought I was crying because I loved the dress, but that wasn't the case. I took it home and waited a few more weeks before pulling the dress out again. I was hoping that the feeling I had the day I purchased it would come back, but again, I felt nothing and found myself sobbing over this dress.

If you remember from this post I actually stated that "I ended up with a dress that isn't ANYTHING even close to what I thought I would like"......maybe that should have been a warning sign!!!

After much discussion with my fiance we decided that I had to get another dress. And that's just what I did......I, with the help of some girlfriends, found the most amazing dress. It was exactly what I had in mind all along. I feel gorgeous, classy, and most importantly, I feel like a bride!!

I'm not sure if you can tell in this photo, but I am grinning ear to ear!! I was just beaming....The dress is a trumpet style and it just hugs me in all the right places.


And the back of the dress was just as gorgeous.....look at all those buttons! Such great detail.


Here is a close-up of the front of the dress. So simple, but with enough bling to make it ME


In this picture you will notice a small bulge in my middle area.....this is NOT my stomach. We actually found that the dress was too big and the fabric was bunching up. Once the associate pulled it tight and pinned it there, the bulge went away


I was so worried that I would have to purchase all new accessories, but much to my surprise it all worked with the new dress. The necklace, earrings, veil and headband did not need to be returned.


I decided on purchasing a "trumpet slip" and it seemed to make a big difference in the way the bottom of the dress laid. It will definitely help keep the shape of the dress for pictures.


Feel free to go here to see another view of the dress.

4 comments:

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

You look absolutely stunning. I am so happy that you found your perfect dress!

Bev Stewart said...

beautiful dress - and you look fantastic!!

RealRach said...

How did I miss this post??? I think when they cut out my cyst they took some brain cells.

BEAUTIFUL BRIDE...I could almost cry. Finally! ahhh

Abbie said...

It looks amazing!! You look like a friggin' hottie... skinny mini!!