Wednesday, February 6, 2013

There's no place like HOME

Monday night hubby and I drove across the state to pick up our Lainey girl.  After the vet gave us clearance for her to come home, we immediately made the decision that we needed to go get her.

It was a long night, to say the least.  We got home from the vet about 11:00pm and then I was up until after midnight getting her all situated.

I functioned all day yesterday on a mere 4 hours of sleep and this old lady just can't do that kind of stuff anymore!

I'm home....I'm home!!!
For the next week or so, I will be bringing Lainey with me to work.  She needs to have a sling for assistance with walking, and since the hubby is in a wheelchair, he can't help at this point.  Unfortunately, since we had to bring her big cage to my office, that leaves us with only having the plastic, octagon "den" for her to sleep in at night.  Do you know what that means?  Mommy has to sleep next to her in the dining room on the floor!!  If I even try to leave the room and attempt to sleep on the couch or in my bed, she cries and whimpers.

Remember when I said I was too old to function on lack of sleep?  Well, I'm really too old to be sleeping on the floor.  We need to come up with a Plan B immediately.

If I look pitiful enough do you think she will take this silly thing off?
Lainey slept most of the day yesterday, which makes it easier on me having her at my work.  She would wake up long enough to eat, take her meds and go potty, but then it was right back to sleep.  I can only hope that it remains this way for her remainder of her stay here.


Today is a new day.....One day closer to complete recovery.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Im glad your baby is back home. Sweet sweet face. :)

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

Glad she's home! Sounds like alot of work, but I know it's worth having her there!