Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mulch, Mulch and More Mulch

We've had to make some necessary changes to our wedding location (my parents house) over the last week due to the weather. It has rained more in the past 3 weeks than I remember getting all last summer combined. And as a result of the rain, the area where the reception is being held continues to flood causing major problems.

Instead of worrying about adding landscaping that is going to wash away or blow away in the next storm we just decided to have mulch brought in. My fiance is good friends with a family who owns their own mill and they produce and color the mulch to your specifications. We had them come over and measure how much mulch we would need to order and when he said 30 yards I had no idea what that meant.

I had no idea until the truck pulled up this morning and I saw him unloading this.....






I'm not even sure the pictures do it justice....let's just say THAT'S A LOT OF MULCH!!

No comments: